Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crazy day at church 10-31-10

Hey Family,

So I have been sitting here for the last half an hour trying to write you a letter but I seem to keep getting calls from president and the Aps concerning a certain two elders in our Zone who apparently think they are above the rules, geez, I hate calling people out on things. Anyway now that we have that all sorted out I can get down to the business of taking care of the family!Lol So we had a baptism this last Sunday of a young man my age, he’s got a long way to progress before he’ll take off on his own in the church but if we keep an eye on him and help him come closer to Christ eventually he will get there! Yesterday was a crazy day at church, I don’t think I have ever felt so stressed in all of my life! Haha we had a baptism candidate who was twenty minutes late my best friend in Korea, our ward mission leader, going less active and another investigator 15 minutes late to our appointment to take him to the church, yikes, talk about blood pressure spike! However in the end miracles abounded, my favorite person in Korea came to church and talked to me for half an hour about our bishop and his counselors who are seeming to wreck our ward. In Korea every ward has one person who argues with everything that is said and six weeks ago it was bishop but then he got called to be bishop, hopefully it helps his family, and I explained to kim unn sook our ward mission leader and my best friend in Korea, about just following our leaders and supporting them no matter what so long as there actions confirm with the gospel, I told how you taught me that dad, back in deacons quorum when I felt like the young mens presidency wasn’t doing anything and so wondered why I should go. in the end however he expressed how he knew that the gospel was true and that he would never leave the church but then said he was going to move and switch wards when I got transferred, you have to understand the Korean culture to get this story!Lol These last two weeks have been rather slow but we are still working hard! Sorry for sounding negative last week, it wasn’t as bad as I made it sound, just having a tough day and feeling the stress from all of the different things that I have to do! Yikes Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment