Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year


새해복많이받아세요Happy new Year‏
From:
Charles Grant (greg_grant@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Wed 12/30/09 8:44 PM
To:
spunkyseaturtle@msn.com; grantk@byui.edu; argentinawarrior@gmail.com; bearmum2@aol.com; gay-grant@msn.com; gadairrealtor@aol.com; tetonwildflower@msn.com; bballwhiz@q.com; tggran@yahoo.com; joeadairrealtor@aol.com
Hello from the cold reaches of South Korea!When I say cold I mean it is bitter cold here right now and it isn’t supposed to let up any time soon!BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! So since Christmas day we have gotten what for Korea is an unusual amount of snow- a whole two inches!Lol it snowed just enough Christmas to make everything white and to be qualified as a white Christmas, very fun!So Christmas day was a great day, president just changed our p-day so that it was on Christmas but it was spent all day with our ward anyway!I love our ward! We called our families and had a great talk then went over tot eh ward party. Our ward party was definatley something that you would not find on Christmas day in America! The party started at five and didn’t end until around 5 o’clock, sheesh was that a long day! It was a good one though- I think that the ward members are starting to realize that we truly do love them as people and not just as a means of upping our numbers. This ward is absolutely amazing, I have said it once and I will say it many times again but they have the spirit of Missionary work they just need to be taught how to do it!So in my last letter I wrote I spoke of our baptismal covenants, this week we started teaching a little bit about those to members and about why it is important to keep them, We especially like pointing out that through loving others and through sharing the gospel we can keep our baptismal covenants and also do missionary work! One thing I have also realized this week which is really rather sad is that most people don’t even realize that they have made a covenant when they are baptized, they don’t realize that they have covenanted with God to do something. This week we have taught several members who were surprised to learn that they had promised that. One man imparticular, he was baptized almost ten years ago and we met with him and we were speaking of the covenants we made at baptism and he said, Covenants, what covenants? I have come to realize that people learn their covenants when they are baptized but then forget them just as quick as they are dry. This Christmas and New Years season I urge everyone to remember your covenants and help others fulfill theirs!Hmmm… Any other fun or interesting news? Tomorrow for the new year we get to wake up at five a.m. and go “Mountain” A.K.A. “hill” climbing to see the sunrise with our ward- its apparently a Korean tradition, gotta say I love the hiking and being with the ward part but I think of how cold it is at night and I am having second thoughts about doing it when I could be asleep in a warm YO for another hour and a half! I will let you know how it goes!I love you all!Happy New Year,Elder Greg GRant

No comments:

Post a Comment