Wednesday, August 12, 2009

P-Day August 12, 2009

Hello- its Hot!Lol‏

Wed 8/12/09 10:49 PM

Hey Everyone… this is Elder Grant typing from Lucky don-jak. That’s what they have on all of the street signs here in dong-jak. It’s a great area and I am excited to get to serve here for another transfer, there is great work still to be done! This last week we have had a little rain though the major stuff is about three hours south of us. Tuesday and Wednesday it poured cats and dogs, it was insane.

We were teaching a lesson outside on Sunday night to one of our baptismal dates named david and it was all sunny and all the sudden it just started dumping, we were getting a little wet but we were sitting under a sun shade umbrella however….The rains came down and the streams came up and up an up. The drain we were sitting next to wasn’t draining, so all the sudden we all looked down and we were sitting in three inches of water! It was hilarious so we all stood up on our chairs and had to jump from chair to chair to get out of the puddle. We took some funny pictures of it. In the end I ended up getting soaked through to the bone all over and it was right before we had dinner at a members house! lol Very funny and a choice experience, we actually taught our lesson standing up and the spirit was still felt by all of us.I love this work, being with Elder Skousen has been different for both of us but we get along fairly well. The thing I forgot to tell you last week was that Elder Rowe is now in shiliim and so we are living in the same house…….AGAIN. ........

This last week I have really seen a jump in my Korean ability-I’m loving it. With Elder Haviland being gone I speak more than ever now and all it does for me is push up my language ability. I can’t express how grateful I am for the Lords help because I have seen people who have been trying to learn Korean for three years who don’t now as much as new elders from the MTC, it’s amazing what the Lord does to progress his work. Korean is still hard obviously but I Love the challenge it presents. I can’t wait to learn other languages when I get home, languages open so many doors!

Hmmm… Spiritual story for the week??????? I have so many every week it is hard to pick just one. But, Monday night we were supposed to have a ward family home evening but no one showed up cause there is a big youth meeting here this weekend(Elder Cook is coming), so we went out tracting. We trtacted into this man who has walked the same road as us every night for the last three years and has never seen us, he walked fifteen minutes back to the church with us and we taught him about Joseph Smith. The spirit as we taught was simply amazing! This man wants to know the truths and happiness that the lord has to offer him! Hopefully we can bring him to those things. He promised to come to church this Sunday but was leaving on a work related trip the next morning! Its amazing.

Hey, congrats on the mission call Dylan that’s awesome! Funny thing, my trainers little brother(Elder Haviland’s) got his call about a month ago, you two are going to the same mission and enter the MTC on the same date! So look for a Haviland when you get there, his big bro. Was my trainer. (Okay Dylan, fill the rest of us in on your whereabouts?!? Greg's Mom)

I love you all, have a great week!
Elder Greg Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment